A FM Forum for the Director in all of us...
 
HomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Premiership winner?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Steve
Backup
Backup
avatar

Posts : 68
Join date : 2012-01-20
Age : 29
Location : Ireland

PostSubject: Premiership winner?   Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:27 am

Who do you guys think will win the premiership this year?
Its between City, United and Spurs really?

I just have a feeling City will stay on top and edge it Smile
Back to top Go down
http://thedirectorsbox.motionforum.net
Wilko
NooB
NooB


Posts : 1
Join date : 2012-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Premiership winner?   Sat Jan 21, 2012 3:05 am

I'm going for City this year, Wolves next year! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Steve
Backup
Backup
avatar

Posts : 68
Join date : 2012-01-20
Age : 29
Location : Ireland

PostSubject: Re: Premiership winner?   Sat Jan 21, 2012 3:11 am

Wilko wrote:
I'm going for City this year, Wolves next year! Very Happy

Optimistic much?

I think City will be the team to beat for quite a few years yet...
Back to top Go down
http://thedirectorsbox.motionforum.net
Dahnert
NooB
NooB
avatar

Posts : 9
Join date : 2012-01-20
Age : 24
Location : Haderslev, Denmark

PostSubject: Re: Premiership winner?   Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:35 am

THIS YEAR IS OUR YEAR!

Nah... I'm going for City this year.
Back to top Go down
Danny
Administrator
Administrator
avatar

Posts : 22
Join date : 2012-01-20
Age : 24
Location : Preston

PostSubject: Re: Premiership winner?   Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:40 am

Mancini won't be able to take it Razz

United for the title!

_________________




Spoiler:
 
Back to top Go down
Samv
NooB
NooB


Posts : 18
Join date : 2012-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Premiership winner?   Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:08 am

Looking at the run in, City could easily win their next 8 games. United will drop points during their next 4 games. I can see City winning it by 3-6 points. Games like Sunday are matches that Champions win. They have played like champions all season and their home record is remarkable.
Back to top Go down
Steve
Backup
Backup
avatar

Posts : 68
Join date : 2012-01-20
Age : 29
Location : Ireland

PostSubject: Re: Premiership winner?   Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:18 am

^^
This exactly... City have so much depth they could field a second XI and still win their remaining games with ease. They just look that impressive.
It pains me to say it but I dont see Liverpool challenging for many years to come now Sad
Back to top Go down
http://thedirectorsbox.motionforum.net
Evilpiper007
NooB
NooB


Posts : 5
Join date : 2012-01-24
Age : 22
Location : Edinburgh

PostSubject: Re: Premiership winner?   Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:42 am

I think City will win it. They could pretty much put out 2 squads that would both do well in the league!!

Sadly I have to agree with Steve that Liverpool won't be challenging in the immediate future. Crying or Very sad
We just don't have that special quality that champions have. We have too many players that need time to develop and no time to allow them to.

We badly miss Lucas!!

Spurs and United have a chance but I think the strength in depth will win City the league.
Back to top Go down
Kenrry10
NooB
NooB
avatar

Posts : 15
Join date : 2012-01-24
Location : San Diego, California

PostSubject: Re: Premiership winner?   Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:34 am

ummm Arsenal Razz

i think city will take it
Back to top Go down
Shakhtardfc1
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect


Posts : 20
Join date : 2012-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Premiership winner?   Thu Jan 26, 2012 7:05 am

It has to be Fergie and Utd realistically...

Sure, Mancini and his sky blue boys have the edge just now, but all Scot's know how easily that can change (this season, 15 points behind were Celtic, now look at them).

City will definately win next year if Utd don't strengthen though.

And agreed about Liverpool. They neither have the quality or the strength in depth to challenge for the league. They badly missed Gerrard when he was out, but it was right to keep him sidelined that tiny bit longer.
Back to top Go down
Samv
NooB
NooB


Posts : 18
Join date : 2012-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Premiership winner?   Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:27 am

Shakhtardfc1 wrote:
It has to be Fergie and Utd realistically...

Sure, Mancini and his sky blue boys have the edge just now, but all Scot's know how easily that can change (this season, 15 points behind were Celtic, now look at them).

City will definately win next year if Utd don't strengthen though.

And agreed about Liverpool. They neither have the quality or the strength in depth to challenge for the league. They badly missed Gerrard when he was out, but it was right to keep him sidelined that tiny bit longer.

As much as I respect your decision, I do disagree. Sure thats a great achievement by Celtic but the Premier League is much more competative than the Scottish League. The thing is, despite the Carling Cup exit, they have done reasonably well without Yaya Toure & Kompany for a bit. When they get their players back from International Duty and suspension their team is arguably the best in the PL and the key thing is they are not just a bunch of world class individuals, they can play as a team which is key to any league. The league in a few good weeks is City's to lose. Being out the Cup's they can concerntrate more on the league. If I were a City fan in this position, I wouldn't care about the Cup competitions. The league should be their main priority because its not every season your challenging United for the title. Next season could be different...United could run away with the League. City have to put a march down and just go for it because they may not get a better chance to win the league. Anything can happen in football.
Back to top Go down
Shakhtardfc1
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect


Posts : 20
Join date : 2012-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Premiership winner?   Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:42 am

Samv wrote:
Shakhtardfc1 wrote:
It has to be Fergie and Utd realistically...

Sure, Mancini and his sky blue boys have the edge just now, but all Scot's know how easily that can change (this season, 15 points behind were Celtic, now look at them).

City will definately win next year if Utd don't strengthen though.

And agreed about Liverpool. They neither have the quality or the strength in depth to challenge for the league. They badly missed Gerrard when he was out, but it was right to keep him sidelined that tiny bit longer.

As much as I respect your decision, I do disagree. Sure thats a great achievement by Celtic but the Premier League is much more competative than the Scottish League. The thing is, despite the Carling Cup exit, they have done reasonably well without Yaya Toure & Kompany for a bit. When they get their players back from International Duty and suspension their team is arguably the best in the PL and the key thing is they are not just a bunch of world class individuals, they can play as a team which is key to any league. The league in a few good weeks is City's to lose. Being out the Cup's they can concerntrate more on the league. If I were a City fan in this position, I wouldn't care about the Cup competitions. The league should be their main priority because its not every season your challenging United for the title. Next season could be different...United could run away with the League. City have to put a march down and just go for it because they may not get a better chance to win the league. Anything can happen in football.

Completely agreed, but look at the United squad and amount of injuries. So, both will get stronger as the season goes on. And Utd have been much improved in the second half of the season. Either way, it will be interesting to watch.
Back to top Go down
sk_gunners101
NooB
NooB
avatar

Posts : 5
Join date : 2012-02-02
Age : 23
Location : Canada

PostSubject: Re: Premiership winner?   Thu Feb 02, 2012 4:32 pm

its city's to lose ideally, but if city perform like how they did against everton, then they'll surly slip. wont be surprised if Man U get their 20th title. Razz

_________________





Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Premiership winner?   

Back to top Go down
 
Premiership winner?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» MH4U Weapon Design Contest Winner (Americas)
» Winner of Help Hello Kitty Design a Costume Contest
» Wood Elf 2250 Final revision....remarks PLEASE!!!
» BGF Twitter Contest 3: Trivia--winner testawesome
» Contest 34: Haikus - Winner: karenbearhug

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
TheDirectorsBox :: Football Discussion :: English Football-
Jump to: